Friday, August 26, 2011

Pretty cool week

Last Saturday I got Karen to go to the LBS with me to look at bikes...And after looking at all sorts of bikes I finally ordered a Trek 1.5 with the 60cm frame. Took a while to pry the credit card out of her hand but finally got it.
The guys from Kingsbury Cycles in Elmira NY did a great job of fitting the bike to me which was a real tough job. If you remember I am 6'2' and weigh in at 262 and an OFG. The bike arrived on Wednesday and was ready for pickup the next day...Now I need to ride it a bit before the Tour de Cure on Saturday.
The Tour de Cure was a ball even if I only rode 10 miles. The longest I had ridden was 26 miles so I was unsure if I could step it up to the next level of 35 miles.. Still was fun..
In the days after the ride I rode a 24, 12 and 7 mile ride... not so much..Today I woke up and said today is the day of the long ride (for me) I rode 34.8 miles at an average of 10-11 mph. Doesn't sound like much but for an OFG it was a victory. I forgot my bike lock and when I stopped at Micky Dees to P and there was a state trouper eating lunch. I walked over to his car and asked him if he would would watch my bike while I went inside...He was a little reluctant but finally agreed I bet he never had that happen before..
Well I am home now resting my sore butt but all in all it was a pretty good week..

1 comment:

  1. Well, lad, it will be a year tomorrow since last ye posted. Do you think your life is uninteresting? It ain't. Everyone has a story to tell and by telling it, it blossoms and grows and attains a glow of wonder and beauty. I live in a crappy trailer park on the side of the highway in Florida. I am constantly without money and always wondering what went wrong. But by sharing my life and travails with my friends through my Booger I am empowered and made wealthy and somehow more-better as a human bean. Socrates said "the unexamined life is not worth living." I am not sure what he meant but I am examining mine by writing my Booger and my world is richer and somehow enhanced and I encourage you to do the same. Is that a lecture? Har!

    avast! ye lubber, read Moby Dick and write a book report. The first chapter alone speaks volumes.

    yer mate, tj

    ReplyDelete