Thursday, August 4, 2011

On the road again

Karen had some vacation days to burn so we decided to hit the road in the RV. The place we are staying is a KOA campground in Dewittville, NY almost to Lake Erie and next to a lake I have no idea how to spell.
The trip out was pretty normal except for the last section of I 86 which is so rough I was pretty sure the RV was going to just self destruct. When we arrived we noticed that the pin that holds the tow dolly in the loaded position had decided to leave us. Could have been real bad and I am pretty sure Karen would have been mad if her car went bouncing down the road by itself...
I was planing on a ride last night but it rained so hard the campground road was the consistency of snot so there is always today. I feel kind of antsy not riding the last two days. My last ride was 17 miles, I know that doesn't seem like much but I started out a few weeks ago at 2 miles. I was hoping to get up to 35 miles by the Tour de Cure but I think that maybe a little nuts. I may have to keep with the 10 mile loop I am signed up for.

No comments:

Post a Comment