Monday, August 8, 2011

Longest ride yet

Yesterday I got up and had way to many cups of coffee. I was feeling I could conquer the world. Karen was going to see her mom in the old folks home and then shopping so I knew I had pretty much the whole day to do whatever I wanted. I got out the old Peugeot and headed down the road. My sister lives about 13 miles away in a little town so I figured if my math was correct round trip would be 26 miles..Did I tell you I have never ridden more than 17 miles before... apparently my brain didn't remember that so I set off. The first 13 miles went by in a flash. After loading up the water bottles I headed back home. I actually enjoyed the next10 miles lots of hills and valleys. After mile 10 on the return trip things started to get kind of dicey my legs were hurting and it felt like me and the bike weighed 20 more pounds than when I started. I made that last 6.95 miles not in record time but when I pulled in front of the garage I felt like I really had accomplished something.  26.95 miles total...Today I am a little sore but I think tomorrow will be a twenty mile day.

No comments:

Post a Comment