Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Clear out the crap

As I ride my 14 year old bike I have come to realize that that is old and it was not a high end bike even when it was new..Being a semi-broke retired guy I have pondered on how to upgrade without cutting back on food or beer..
The answer was right in my garage, I have so much crap that is left over from projects and toys I no longer play with that I can sell off some of the excess. I put a bunch of antique tools on craigslist and people started e-mailing me within minutes. Next I have to haul all the scrap metal left over from my blacksmith days to the scrapyard. Then I will sell off some of the ham radio gear that has been collecting dust. Maybe somehow I can gain some cash and free myself from all this clutter.
I have no idea what kind of bike I will be looking for maybe something in this century and it will be a road bike. My hybrid is ok for town but it is so heavy and clunky out on the road I want something a little lighter and maybe faster.

2 comments:

  1. I thought I posted a comment referring you to a bike I have been lusting after. It's Bikes Direct but I don't think that is as bad a thing as many folks seem to say. Here it is:

    http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/centuryelite_x_ti.htm

    It is set up for fat tires and high bars.

    I'll be glad when August ain't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim Joe looks like a pretty nice ride. I ended up prying the credit card from Karen and buying a Trek 1.5 Not to fancy pretty well made rides good and didn't cost too much. I really liked the Surly bike but it was a lot more. I think the best bike looks like the one you showed me with a tough frame to haul my fat butt around...

    ReplyDelete